Saturday, October 15, 2016

KENJOxKIM - Mucota and Olaplex Treatment


Something that always impresses me is when hairstylists or make-up artists take extra care of your skin or hair condition before applying any aesthetic additions like fancy colours or cosmetic stuff. It brings me great comfort knowing that this very care and concern is one of the hallmarks of Kenjo Salon – their genuine concern for strengthening my hair led to another session at the salon earlier this week. Read on to find out about the 2 treatments we did.



I know I’m on my way to achieving really healthy locks with all the love my hair’s getting - We’re talking about the newly-improved Mucota Treatment, and the Olaplex treatment. Following the Volume Rebond and C-curl I did a week ago, Kenjo Director Joseph and Senior Stylist Justin decided it’s perfect time to nourish and moisturize!



Both the Olaplex and Mucota treatments aim to repair the hair by multiplying bonds. But what really thrilled me was the new and improved Mucota Treatment. What was previously a 3-step process, is now 5-steps, with the new additions being the first 2 steps aiming to prepare and restore the hair before moisturizing, conditioning, and repairing the bonds through intensive repair. My stylist Justin really worked the product into my hair with a soothing head massage that could easily #takeyouback to that very memorable massage you enjoyed on your favourite beach-getaway.



Long ago, I used to go for monthly hair steams. Results would be great – but after a week, and a couple of washes, the hair just wouldn’t seem any healthier than before. It got me thinking – was there a better way to actually repair the length of my hair, exposed to harsh chemicals and heating tools on a daily basis? This was it. The Mucota Treatment utilizes a special hair-tong lined with mini rods – this locks in all the goodness from the product, and really is the new-age hair steam, sans the long waiting time. I also like how the rods increase contact zones with individual hair strands, rather than just clumping the entire head of hair into a steamer-bag (as how traditional hair steams work).



Of course – healthy hair isn’t just what we do in the salon. There’s got to be proper after-care too. Big thank yous to Joseph, Justin and Mucota Singapore for preparing the cute care-pack for me, I can’t wait to feel its magic. Check it out – here’s the Mucota Aire+ Shampoo, the Mucota Aire+ Weekly Repair Hair mask, and a Nourishing Repair Spray from YUKO Japan. The protective YUKO after-shower mist-spray doubles as a heat-protector; so I’ll be bringing this around with me for jobs now onwards – a little something to share in Hair and Make-up too!





Cheers to revitalized, nourished hair! I’ll keep you posted.


Don’t forget that you get to enjoy amazing hair too – just tell the good folks at Kenjo Salon that you’re my buddy, and enjoy 15% off hair services. Look for my stylist, Justin, and share your hair-experience with me, or tag me in your photos – I’m waiting to hear your happy-hair stories!

Post-Treatment Shine! Airy-Bouncy-Curls (just the way I like my ABCs)!

No comments:

Post a Comment